Monday, December 06, 2010

What's up.....new paintings and getting warmed up

The "Small Wonders" opening was really fun. One of my paintings received an honorable mention, which is nice. I never win anything, and honestly don't put too much stock in awards, but it was a nice treat. Thanks to all my people for coming out to the party. I was really glad to meet artists Ana Rendich, Jill Powell and finally, Jeanne Tanks. The show hangs through January, so come out and if you do, let me know so we can grab a coffee.....


Me and Jill.....

After so many months of painting tediously for the bird show in July with focused technique and tiny brushes, I did a warn up, a painting challenge of sorts to get myself in a different state by using a completely different approach to painting. I also decided to begin a new New Mythology painting today. Below are the first foundational passes.....


... study from this morning


new painting

No comments: