Friday, December 21, 2007

blah...

I keep up with a few other artist's blogs, particularly the painting a day blogs...I don't know if that was a good idea today since I started ou a little out of sorts.
I messed around another artists ebay link which can sometimes be encouraging, and at times depressing.

I wrote about the painting a day phenomenon previously......
This guy was selling 5" x 5" paintings of Hersheys kisses (you can find a dozen or so of these at any time on ebay) for $250 dollars......while I am glad for his success, I feel a bit down about it.....especially when I consider how hard I work at coming up with creative ideas.
He probably found some old stale Hersheys kiss under his couch and said to himelf "Hey, this will make a great painting I can throw down in an hour and get paid a ridiculous amount for copying!".......Sounds ungracious, I know....every time I even consider jumping on the painting a day bandwagon I become so bored with the idea quickly fades.....

I want to do something different....something unique. This has always been my desrie as an artist and I suppose at times it can be my downfall......now I am just going on and on......

No comments: