Tuesday, July 12, 2005



(l- Claire, m- Laura, r- David)
I recently discovered that an old friend, Laura Carter, who was the singer in the Bar B Q Killers and in Jack O Nuts died not long ago. She was this amazing fire of energy and angst as a singer and I was really intimidated by her at first, but I discovered what a sweet person she really was once I began to hang around her a bit. We eventually lost touch. Sad to hear of her death. Sounds like she died of alcohol poisoning in a Bon Scott sort of way. She always drank too much…..
In light of that I have been sort of reliving my art school days and the many hours I spent in Athens Georgia back in the mid 80’s and early 90’s. I was out there almost every night of the week and on weekends. I rented a copy of "Athens Ga Inside Out" and was catapulted back to those days. I remember that time as a really exciting period musically and had a lot of fun and met a lot of amazing folks….. Have a look at the DVD if you have a chance. There is an amazing clip of the Bar B Q Killers on it.

No comments: