Monday, August 10, 2009

West Virginia Trip.....

Wow, so the question is how to get back to work after four days in the West VA wilderness?? I am tired and sore today. I think Reuben has not moved since last night.

I do feel refreshed after immersing myself in river water and breathing in sweet mountain air. There is something about the fragrance of damp earth and all sorts of bushes and blooms mingled with some faint wild animal scent that makes me so full and contented. I have always sensed the presence of God in His creation and in quiet a place like we were, it is almost emotionally overwhelming.


You can see the photos here.




Reuben outside the Purple Fiddle in Thomas, WV making sure the hippies obey the sign...

I want to catch up with you all, so off I go to your respective blogs... looking forward to seeing what has been going with each of you......

1 comment:

April Jarocka said...

Hi Tracey. Read your comment over on Peter Brown's blog. Completely agree with you too! And your mountain retreat sounded wonderful. I could do with some of that river water right now..
Your work is beautiful btw.

Regards
April