Saturday, October 29, 2005

more....

Here’s something I came across. I cruise this site called D.C. Art News. Great site, very extensive. I am for art…for people expressing themselves, but you know, I just don’t GET IT…performance art. I must be too dim. So, here is a description of this woman’s performance piece. I think she just wants attention like everyone else and I think she needs to watch ‘Fletch’….or a few episodes of ‘Beavis and Butthead’.
Performance:I slowly eat 1 kilo of honey with a silver spoon. I slowly drink 1 liter of red wine out of a crystal glass. I break the glass with my right hand. I cut a five-pointed star on my stomach with a razor blade. I violently whip myself until I no longer feel any pain. I lay down on a cross made of ice blocks. The heat of a suspended heater pointed at my stomach causes the cut star to bleed. The rest of my body begins to freeze. I remain on the ice cross for 30 minutes until the public interrupts the piece by removing the ice blocks from underneath me.
Duration: 2 hours………. uuuhhhhh,

"……you’re really weird."

No comments: