Sunday, December 20, 2009

Happy Christmas......

I am sure many of you got as much snow as we did over the last few days. Being socked in, I have had plenty of time to cook, which is really just a thinking exercise. As Christmas and the close of the year approach, I stand in my studio, thinking about the paintings created over 2009, wondering about how well I executed each, where I can improve and concocting new ideas in my mind. I plan to follow this frame of mind through New Year's Day. I have about five paintings in early stages, but, if you have known me long enough you have figured out I tend to start painting after painting as the ideas are just too big to sit on. They seem to carry with them birth pains and I can so nothing about it. They are coming to be. But I commit to finish those waiting as soon as I am back to the easel the first week of January. A New Years' resolution of sorts (...we know how those tend to work out....)

At the close of 2009, a grateful thanks to each of you for encouraging and challenging words, for supporting me in a myriad of ways in my life as a painter, a life I would not have without your presence.
Merry Christmas, Happy Chanukah, and a blessed New Year to each one of you.


7 comments:

Maureen said...

I will look forward to talking with you in the New Year, Tracey.

I have a two-part interview (with a writer-poet) coming out, beginning tomorrow; it's for my "Monday Matters. . . You Do, Too" feature. Another one, for All Art Friday, I promised to do after the New Year; however, I may have to push that off as Randall is going to be away. So, I'll start thinking of questions for an artist interview with you.

Have a marvelous holiday.

Tracey Clarke said...

Fantastic, Maureen! I love your blog....thanks.
Have a wonderful Christmas and I will look forward to talking with you in 2010.

L.L. Barkat said...

Marvelous paintings! I especially like the llama. :)

Dean Grey said...

Have a Happy Holidays, Tracey!!

Here in Chicago we just got a light dusting of snow! I'm kind of jealous!

-Dean

L.Holm said...

Merry Christmas and blessings to you and your family in 2010, Tracey! (I love this photo of Rubin!) xoLiz

Elizabeth Seaver said...

Great photo, Tracey!

Happy 2010 to you, and I am looking forward to your new pursuits in the new year!

Kathleen Krucoff said...

Merry Christmas Tracey! I love the picture you've posted of Ruben James too....he's an awesome dog. May 2010 continue to bring you success and many, many blessings.