Thursday, January 21, 2010

Opening in D.C.

My friend, artist Terry Dixon, has an opening featuring his latest body of work titled "Re-enslavement." Terry and I went to the Atlanta College of Art together. He is a successful working artist living in Chicago.

The "Re-enslavement" paintings are inspired by Douglas Blackmon’s 2009 Pulitzer Prize-winning book "Slavery by Another Name: The Re-enslavement of Black Americans from the
Civil War to World War II." The reception is Monday February 6Th at 6 p.m. at the Martin Luther King Library. Terry, along with another exhibiting artist, Robert Morris, will speak about their work.

2 comments:

Dean Grey said...

Tracey!

I'm from Chicago so I'm curious if Terry's work is displayed here in the Windy City.

-Dean

Tracey Clarke said...

I am not sure, Dean, but go to his website and have a look. I don't think he has anything currently exhibiting there, but I think he has some works in permanent public collections. Maybe shoot him an email. Hope you are well, my friend. Think of you often....