Thursday, January 14, 2010

Painting Update

Two weeks until the Caton Merchant opening and I am excited to debut the baboon that night. About time, yes? In the meantime, I need to conjure a title and make some sense of the bits and pieces of story. I feel a weight, like a finally faced memory, lifted now that he is complete. And, if I may say so, he really is magnificent to behold.

In working on small studies this week, I decided it was time to paint a female hummingbird.



"Ruby Throated Hummingbird" (female)
5" x 7", oil on panel
(available, $250, framed)

3 comments:

Maureen said...

Beautiful, Tracey.

Elizabeth Seaver said...

Wow, Tracey. This little lady is just wonderful. You've really captured a grace in her body and face that is almost peaceful. And I don't think of a hummingbird as a peaceful critter. The color helps create that quiet sense, too.

Dean Grey said...

Tracey!

The upcoming show will be better than expected. You'll see.

And the green humingbird is gorgeous!

Such a tight rendering for such a small painting! Wow!!

-Dean