Friday, March 27, 2009

Artomatic

Artomatic registration opened today and I finally got on site and registered after a few bugs. I have had my reservations about the event, but it is the greatest art collaboration I have ever seen and I am looking forward to participating for the first time, seeing some great art, meeting fellow artists and art lovers. My big concern has been security. Since the artwork hangs for many weeks in a huge building that has many entrances and is open for many hours a day, there is a risk of theft. I know at least one artists had work stolen last year, and though I understand this is a risk you take, I am determined to come up with a way to hang securely at the venue and relieve my conscience over the duration of the event. If anyone has any ideas about how to do this, please chime in!

After my post about the painting in my blog banner last week, I decided to do a regular post called "What's that painting?" on the weekends focusing on a fairly obscure painting in each post. Cool, right? I think so. We all know the top 20 or so artists and paintings. How about a little light on the other thousands?

No painting of the day (because it is too late in the afternoon to shoot), just "painting mess" of the day. But slowly, it is coming along. I think I hate cleaning up brushes more than just about anything.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

What?! A magical and magnificent artist like you doesn't have little gnomes come in at night to clean everything up for you? We should get on that right away.

As for the featuring obscure artists I think that's a great idea! I'm looking forward to it!

Eric said...

Tracy - great post, thanks for props to Artomatic! Nice work - can't wait to see it at the event.

Unknown said...

Tracey, I have something on my blog for you

Sharmon Davidson said...

Tracey, as usual your work takes my breath away! I've nominated you for a Lemonade Award. If you want to participate or just find out about it, go to sharmond.blogspot.com.