Wednesday, November 02, 2005

sowing and reaping

So, out of control thoughts, actions…..decisions based on feelings rather than wisdom, on ‘the moment’ rather than principles, have caught up with me. We reap what we sow. No mistake. The saying goes, “sow a thought, reap an action; sow an action, reap a habit; sow a habit, reap a character; sow a character, reap a destiny.” That thought has been weighing on me. In the end we can blame no one but ourselves for the way our lives have turned out. Our lives turn out the way they do because of a series of choices made at critical, and not so critical, moments. Pure and simple. It’s time for me to get down to business. I have reaped a diseased mind by sowing its soil with diseased thoughts. Here I am again. I have been here before. When will I start getting serious about it all? Is it really possible to change, permenantly, for good?

No comments: