Monday, February 12, 2007

Gallery West Opening

Enjoy the photos from the Gallery West opening. There are also links there to view the show and the announcement.
http://www.traceyclarke.org/gallerywestphotos.htm

I was told by a resident artist that my painting was the topic of much conversation at the gallery. That is a wonderful thing. She told me that they had decided the painting clearly portrayed a statement about the death of wildlife and the extinction on certain species due to our over zealous and destructive industry. I nodded and once she inquired I told her that it is an expression of a truth from the book of Matthew. She quickly changed the subject….

Talk about whatever useless crap you want ranging from various vulgarities to illicit behaviors but turn the topic to the bible and people flee in terror….

No comments: