Monday, January 28, 2008

Monday morning.....

Monday, monday....
I feel really tired and sore today....pushing paint around to no avail this morning.

I think this is a coming down the mountain experience after such a strong painting stretch last week. Almost a recovery time. I am certain this is the cause of my shoulder pain.

I sold two paintings over the weekend which is a great encouragement, but have to be careful of the machine mode I can get into feeling like I need to replenish my stock. This brings on the zombie painter demeanor I so loathe.....Maybe I exaggerate here. I probably do since I am tired and sore. Did I mention that?....

I plan on thinking about a narrative for the black horse (see below) and maybe doing a little sketching, which I never do. At ACA we were required to show our sketchbooks. I always had to go back after a finished work and make up sketches......... I have ALWAYS found the exercise useless. I am aware this goes against every book, instruction and most artists' recommendations, still I have to be honest. Hey, just get in there and do the thing.

I have this thing about dogs in clothes, but I think this little guy is beggin' for a jester's costume....... can't you just see it?! I am givin' in to the madness.....tired and sore.


No comments: