Friday, February 27, 2009

Friday

I have done so much stepping back is these last few weeks and really feel I have had a setback of sorts in my confidence as a painter. I haven't experienced this before and hope to use it to make me a better painter, a more creative artist. Some strange internal thing is going on and I wonder what God is telling me about my work. Painful, but redemptive.

My sister and nephew are coming up tomorrow, so a day of cleaning. My Ikea desk came in, and though I enjoy these sorts of projects, putting it together was a major feat in itself. Out with the ancient, massive antique taking up my studio and in with a smaller, sleeker desk. All the while, my tragic simian hero and the "memory stag" are staring at me.........

3 comments:

Elizabeth Seaver said...

Stay strong, Tracey! Your work is unique and wonderful. Good things are in your future!

Unknown said...

Sometimes even the things you love become a burden. I love my kids but after the gazillionth Hot Wheels car I've tripped over, that love gets a little hard to find. I'll always come back and at times it takes a little break to continue to nurture and appreciate my little miracles.

Your art must be like your children. You see them develop and become disheartened or disappointed when they don't develop the way you ideally had envisioned. Take a break, see them in another light and what bothered you may take on a new meaning. Hugs!

Unknown said...

Hey Tracey. Its all this stepping back that makes us ask questions. I think its good to think a lot about what we are doing so we can learn more about ourselves. Don't worry about it! Go with your instincts