Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Gallery Opening


The FCCA opening was last Saturday night. Many of my friends attended and we had a great time. I finally got to meet Steven Walker, a noteworthy Richmond artist who I have gotten to know via the web. He has a solo show hanging in the member gallery. I forget how encouraging it is to connect face to face with other artist. I don't get to do that often, so I came away inspired and feeling less alone. For me, painting is a rather solitary experience in every facet. I still have been unable to find a community of artist with which to ponder......

I decided to come off of caffeine and unwisely did it cold turkey which has created a miserable few days in which I have gotten little done. I have been searching for reference photos for "The Flowering Bull," my next painting and staring at a few unfinished smaller works waiting for more paint. It seems the final details are eluding me due to caffeine withdrawal.


No comments: