Tuesday, March 31, 2009


close up, "Pen's New Day Rising"


I always take comments very seriously. I found that they even help me make a decision about a painting. Not always in a direct way, but often in the side door. My fellow artist Sheila made a comment about "Pen" saying "the red beak is like a scarlet gash stabbing into a velvet sculpture." I just love that visual and in thinking more about her story, I imagined her appearing to be like a crack in the window of time; in the moment of that landscape. Hope to get a final excellent photo of the entire work as soon as I can get my "assistant" to help.

So, Sheila, my friend and comrade in art, many thanks for the inspiration today.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Even before reading your post the image of Pen's beak jabbing and then cracking the 'window' of time sent chills through me. Wow....

I'm honored and just tickled that a FINE artist drew inspiration from what her painting inspired me to write.

You my dear Tracey are my inspiration; in art and in life.

Big HUGS!

Elizabeth Seaver said...

Wow, Tracey--how powerful an image that is. Wonderful!

L.Holm said...

Hi, I found your site through Douglas Hoover's, and am blown away. What cerebral, sprititual, thought-provoking work. Wow!
Liz