Saturday, March 14, 2009

The Weekend...

It was a weird between winter and spring rainy, cold weekend. I went to the feed store, gave Reuben James a bath, did some laundry, had dinner with a good friend, cleaned a bit and zoned out on the bed for a bit just to let my mind go and see if I get any images or words that might turn into potential painting ideas. Nothing. Can't be "on" all the time, I guess.



We saw "The Kite Runner" which was an amazing movie. I don't watch a lot of movies unless they come highly recommended by someone I trust, because most of them are trash. This one is great, so see it if you haven't yet.



I learned this past week that my sister, brother-in-law and nephew are moving up to D.C. this summer. He is on his second deployment to Iraq and got new orders to report here from Virginia Beach in July. I don't believe in accidents, so I am looking eagerly to what sort of great things are going to be born out of living close to these people that we love so dearly. I have never lived near my sister. She is twelve years younger and I left home at fourteen, so this is a big deal to me. We share a love of animals. particularly horses. Sarah is a seasoned rider and instructor and will bring her two horses with her, so we will have a great time riding together. My brother-in-law is just plain awesome, he doesn't need any special skills to prove it ("you know, like nunchuk skills, bow hunting skills, computer hacking skills...") And of course, my nephew is the coolest little boy ever.


So, off to address "Pen" and the stag. I am not happy with some of the work on the antlers and may have to go back over them again this week.

No comments: