Saturday, April 03, 2010

Packing....

I have begun packing for our move to Fredericksburg in two weeks. I am battling a nasty cold and have so much going on. And wow! While packing my studio, I discovered a lot of old dried out paint tubes laying around. The manner in which I store my paint would horrify. I used to do a lot of colored pencil work and my drawer of colored pencils (many of them stubs) really needs to go to my neighbor's daughter, a budding artist. I wonder what else she would like to have? There are at least 20 huge bottles of acrylic paint I haven't used. Old ill cared for bushes....gone. A forced Spring cleaning of sorts...with Kleenex in hand.....

Fredericksburg has a lot of galleries and co-ops. I know a few of the artists there and have received so many warm welcomes and invitations to lunch upon my arrival. I emailed one co-op and had two generous replies from artists there. So, it appears the community there is quite inclusive. I have to say I have been a little unsure about the state of contemporary art there and whether I might find an audience. Time will tell.

So, I will be moving, traveling for a family wedding and visiting with my sister over the next two weeks.

In the meantime, have a look the work of Heidi Taillefer. Amazing.

Oh, and here is our new place.

5 comments:

Dean Grey said...

Your new place looks amazing, Tracey!

Sorry to hear about your old art supplies. Out with the old, in with the new, right?

Sounds like you have a lot of exciting things coming your way!

-Dean

suzanneberry said...

Congrats on the new place. Best of luck. Have been enjoying your work.

Unknown said...

Exciting stuff Tracey, a fresh new start I would treat your self to some new paints)

Debra Keirce said...

Tracey, have a great (as in smooth, hassle free, no flat tires) move, and your new place looks like it will be a wonderful home to create in...Those big bay windows to let all the natural light in, woods and nature views out the back. I hope you love your new digs and settle in quickly!

HightonRidley said...

Good luck in your new place :) I bet your old next door neighbour's daughter will love those pencils etc. Maybe they will inspire her to become a world-famous artist!