Monday, January 26, 2009

"The Flowering Bull" reveals more.....

So, I am a little surprised at how emotional I feel about selling "The Flowering Bull." Wow. I suppose these mythical animals appear in my mind and become real to me in a lot of ways. They have a story to tell and their coming is from a place I have somehow lived before, yet I know I haven't ever been there.

Whilst picking all the white Eli cat hairs off of the painting before varnishing (again, cats in the studio: bad idea), the flowering bull told me that he only has a lifespan of about 100 years and then the shepherding goes to another animal, but not necessarily to another bull. No one knows who will take the next place until that animal begins to sprout. Then there is a celebration and even a bigger one if time has passed between the death of the shepherd and the revealing of the new shepherd because in that waiting period there are no blooms. I think I need to have the Bull put this in his own words. He is much more eloquent.

No comments: