Thursday, January 08, 2009

Today's Painting: Diamond....on and on he goes




My time at the easel today consisted in major problem solving and a few intense impulses to paint over many hours of work. I am still on the fence. With such a strong and noble subject as Diamond, the balance of the remainder of the work is a challenge. Though I do not want his "perch" to take away from his greatness, I do feel a king deserves a throne.


Still having much difficulty photographing this painting, but here it is at as of today. This perch is made a tower of shed antlers which has been swallowed by some creeping and unstoppable vine. It is much greener than conveyed, yet dark....with tiny lavender flowers.




1 comment:

Kathleen Krucoff said...

Tracey,

This is simply magnificent. I hope you don't paint over it and continue to work with the foundation you have here. I love it...absolutely love it!

Kathleen