Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Mystery Animal



So the animal from my dream is taking form. The photo is a tight close up. I have defined some of the head but have mostly focused on getting that super realistic eye which is in some sort of "tube" and seems to be like a goat's eye. This sort of painting is pure joy to me.......it is all from the inside.

I suddenly became overwhelmed by the huge amount of work I have to do before Artomatic not only to get the space ready but also to get the paintings ready. Several are unframed, unsigned and/or unvarnished. They are all in various stages of drying, so I had to go back through my records to determine when exactly each one can be varnished. I also went back through my narratives as we have an idea to put them right under each painting directly on the wall. So....lots to do. I may have to give myself permission to set new work aside for we install.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

this is very cool! It is like you're revealing the very inner being of what Tracey Clarke is all about.

L.Holm said...

This is so wild! Amazing you have such a clear vision of this. Or is the animal evolving and shifting as you paint? Thanks for posting a preview! :-)

Huge amount of work to put on such a show. Hope you have some help with all the tasks ahead. How long do you wait before varnishing?

Tracey Clarke said...

Sheila, My inner most being could potentially be a scary place!;)...

Liz, I wait at least six months to varnish. I hope to stay true to the dream, but I might do a few things different as I go along...

Dean Grey said...

I agree with Sheila, Tracey....

This looks very cool!

I'm curious to see what color(s) this dream animal turns out to be.

-Dean