Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Today's Painting: "Nee"



I feel really focused today and very pleased with the way this painting is coming together.
I am having a hard time moving on the another one. I usually rotate paintings on the easel because I get a little tired, even bored. I have maintained a huge amount of momentum on this one. I have a goal of getting it completed by Friday, though there is a lot of detail work to be dome on that left wing. I noticed a few days ago the swallows have returned to our breezeway. I was "scalped" by one yesterday. Their arrival is an event I always look forward to since they have taught me some very valuable lessons concerning determination and commitment.

As I said before Nee is one of a kind. Of what kind she is, I am uncertain.

My dear friend Janie is coming for a visit in a few days. She is a singer/songwriter from Atlanta and is currently working on her second CD. You can check out her music here. Give her a shout.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You have such cool friends!

As for Nee... I think this is going to be one of my very favorites Tracey. The arc of her wing and the turn of her head are beautiful and yet tragic in that it is only that way because of her failed flight into a man made obstruction. *sigh*
I'm doing big puppy eyes toward you as I gaze at you in awe.

Kathleen Krucoff said...

Hi Tracey,

I just love the way Nee is coming together. Another very powerful image and the addition of the 'cracks', does that symbolize her death/dying? Wonderful to see how this unfolds.

Your friend's music is great! Enjoy the visit with her...I'm sure you will.

Douglas Hoover said...

Hey Tracey, just a few words about your painting...

Beautiful,
Thoughtful,
Emotional.
and
Brilliant as always...