Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Today's Painting


The beautifully bizarre vision came to my mind about the Shepherdess today. I was getting that she had something to do with water, but I couldn't figure why or how. But now it is clear that she is overseer and source of fish life, so her legs are made of fish eggs. This requires
a lo-hot of detail work and building up of that translucent red-orange color, but I have started.
You can see a few of her thoughts above her head....



One more 5" x 7" for the NVFAA show.....


And, on the note of another artist's work, I am really excited to be the proud owner of a beautiful Kathleen Kendall sculpture.She uses antique doll molds to make them. Katie and I have a show coming up together in February and we have been having coffee here and there. As soon as I saw it in her studio, I loved it.....
She is amazingly creative working with all manner of mediums and materials.....things I would never think of or be able to do....




The nest has a real tiny bird egg in it...


2 comments:

Dean Grey said...

Tracey!

The Shepherdess' legs are made out of fish eggs?!

I never saw that coming!

I'd love to live in your head for just a day. Oh, the wonderful things I'd see in there!

The legs' orange-red color makes the painting quite visually interesting at this point.

Love the "thoughts" too! Very unique!

-Dean

L.Holm said...

The Shepherdess is hauntingly beautiful. Amazing.
Congrats on the Kathleen Kendall sculpture. I love the relief o animals in the body, too. Truly unique.