Friday, September 18, 2009

New Painting

Man, this is painting. I had to utilize my ninja painting techniques today with those ears. There is nothing in the entire world like rendering a thing like these in oil. Getting that translucent quality is worth every mix and remix of color. Carefully placing the little veins........
If you haven't seen it and would like to, the sketch for this one is posted here. It will be interesting to see if I deviate from the drawing....




Happy weekend, all and many thanks for all your comments and thoughts whether out loud or not.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm in love with it already. It does seem magic when the canvas appears to have a light source behind like you've been able to render here. wow...

Elizabeth Seaver said...

Wow! Those ears are amazing!

L.Holm said...

radiant! Love the fragile, delicate look of this.

Unknown said...

I know exactly what you mean about the ears, there is a lovely glow to them)

Dean Grey said...

Tracey!

I'm curious to see what background you will choose for this doe.

-Dean

Kathleen Krucoff said...

You truly are a master! Beautiful and well worth all your hard work.